Publish Your Research Online
Get Recognition - International Audience
Request for an Author Account | Login | Submit Article
|HOME||FAQ||TOP AUTHORS||FORUMS||PUBLISH ARTICLE|
Redundancy Checker ToolBY: Lalit Arya | Category: Applications | Submitted: 2014-08-13 19:17:37
Article Summary: "This article presents a simple web based tool to check redundant primers among a large set of primers and download the files containing unique as well as redundant records..."
Redundancy Checker Tool
- Lalit Arya, Manjusha Verma (Sr. Scientists, NBPGR, Pusa Campus, New Delhi-12)
- Nishant Arora (Computer Science Graduate)
Primers are short oligonucleotides (are complementary to a target DNA), which are synthesized chemically and are used in many molecular biology and biochemistry techniques involving DNA polymerase. These are polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and DNA sequencing. Primers are being designed at a large scale by different researchers in same crop/organisms for same or different applications using Next Generation Sequencing technologies. There are quite a number of chances, wherein redundant primers are designed. So we need a redundancy checker tool, in order to get rid of redundant primers. Keeping this in mind we have developed a simple web based redundancy checker tool requiring no program installation. This redundancy checker is meant to remove the redundant records from a excel file without storing any data on the server. The sample format is already available on the tool and can be used to build a custom test excel of any size. There is no theoretical size limits on the tool.
The tool, first basically scans the excel file into the system and displays all the data that is tested positive for being redundant. In the next step, you can download the cleaned excel file. To make this process secure, this option to download is provided only once, because the entire data is flushed after downloading the excel file.
The redundancy checker tool may be accessed at
A Screenshot of Redundancy Checker tool
This is the screenshot of output file
About Author / Additional Info:
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• Predaceous Fungi Types (Nematophagous Fungi)
• Nanotechnology For Medical Treatment
• Treatment of Acute Leukemia
• Cell Cycle - Helping Know Cancer More!
Latest Articles in "Applications" category:
• Flavor Biotechnology: Part -1
• Flavor Biotechnology: Part -2
• Genetic Engineering Extended the Shelf-life of Fruits
• Biomedical Informatics - From Cells to Populations in the IT Way
• The Concept of Biotechnology: Understanding Various Applications/Uses
• In Vitro Fertilization Procedure - Applications, Advantages and Disadvantages
• Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorting
• Directed Evolution
• Fermentation, and its Control
• Advanced Fermentation Control Strategies
• Methods of Purification of Enzymes
• Extremophilic Microbes - Organisms Living in Extreme Conditions
• Colorful Bacteria
• Importance of Phytoremediation
• Conservation of Microbes
• Sewage Bacteria - Strictly Anaerobic, Aerobic and Facultative bacteria
• Microbial Growth Substrates
• Injuries to Microbes
• Asepsis and its Importance
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 biotecharticles.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
ARTICLE CATEGORIES :
| Disclaimer/Privacy/TOS | Submission Guidelines | Contact Us