Publish Your Research Online
Get Recognition - International Audience
Request for an Author Account | Login | Submit Article
|HOME||FAQ||TOP AUTHORS||FORUMS||PUBLISH ARTICLE|
Synthetic Biology - New Reform in the Biotechnological Approaches [PDF]BY: Vinay Sharma | Category: Applications | Submitted: 2017-03-24 00:07:13
Article Summary: "Synthetic biology is still a nascent technology, but it shows a good power tool. Synthetic biology is trying to build on more than three decades of the knowledge of new biology. Synthetic biology is about putting together entirely different genetic circuits together in one organism to produce desired functions. Design life fo.."
Synthetic Biology - A new reform in the biotechnological approaches
Authors: VINAY SHARMA AND PRAVEEN KUMAR
Assam Agricultural University Jorhat Assam-13
Genetic engineering with recombinant DNA is a powerful and widespread technology that enables biologists to redesign life forms by modifying or extending their DNA. Advances in this domain allow us to gain insight into the operating principles that govern living organisms, and can also be applied to a variety of fields including human therapeutics, synthesis of pharmaceutical products, molecular fabrication of biomaterials, crops and livestock engineering, and toxin detection with biological sentinels. While already providing great benefits, existing genetic engineering applications only hint at the possibilities for harnessing cells to our benefit.
Synthetic biology has been recently defined as the artificial design and engineering of biological systems and living organisms for purposes of improving applications for industry or biological research as it has expanded to many interdisciplinary fields such as biotechnology, evolutionary biology, molecular biology, systems biology, biophysics, computer engineering, and genetic engineering.
About Author / Additional Info:
I am currently pursuing M.Sc. in AGRICULTURAL BIOTECHNOLOGY from University of ASSAM AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• Opening Black Box of Soil Microbial Diversity through Molecular Techniques
• The 23rd Chromosome Disease - Sex Linked Diseases
• Biotechnology Foot Prints With Indian Epics
• Environmental Pollution - List of Most Common Pollutants
Latest Articles in "Applications" category:
• Flavor Biotechnology: Part -1
• Flavor Biotechnology: Part -2
• Genetic Engineering Extended the Shelf-life of Fruits
• Biomedical Informatics - From Cells to Populations in the IT Way
• The Concept of Biotechnology: Understanding Various Applications/Uses
• In Vitro Fertilization Procedure - Applications, Advantages and Disadvantages
• Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorting
• Directed Evolution
• Fermentation, and its Control
• Advanced Fermentation Control Strategies
• Methods of Purification of Enzymes
• Extremophilic Microbes - Organisms Living in Extreme Conditions
• Colorful Bacteria
• Importance of Phytoremediation
• Conservation of Microbes
• Sewage Bacteria - Strictly Anaerobic, Aerobic and Facultative bacteria
• Microbial Growth Substrates
• Injuries to Microbes
• Asepsis and its Importance
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 biotecharticles.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
ARTICLE CATEGORIES :
| Disclaimer/Privacy/TOS | Submission Guidelines | Contact Us