Publish Your Research Online
Get Recognition - International Audience
Request for an Author Account | Login | Submit Article
|HOME||FAQ||TOP AUTHORS||FORUMS||PUBLISH ARTICLE|
Substractive Genomics Approach to Identify Potential Drug Targets in Streptococcus Pyogens [PDF]BY: Shilpa Shiragannavar | Category: Bioinformatics | Submitted: 2016-07-25 05:31:48
Article Summary: "The present study is carried out to identify potential drug targets in Streptococcus species that might facilitate the discovery of novel drugs in near future. Various steps were adopted to find out novel drug targets. susbtractive genomic approach has been used to identify therapeutic target in Streptococcus pyogenes.."
The present study is carried out to identify potential drug targets in Streptococcus species that might facilitate the discovery of novel drugs in near future. Various steps were adopted to find out novel drug targets. susbtractive genomic approach has been used to identify therapeutic target in Streptococcus pyogenes
The complete genome sequences of many microbes were completed in the past decade. Valuable information on finding the treatment of various infections caused by pathogens can be retrieved using the comparative genomics and subtractive genomics approaches. The critical genes which are crucial for the survival of the pathogens and which are absent in the host can be screened out by using the subtractive genomics approach. The chances of cross reactivity and side effects can be decreased by selecting such non-homologous proteins which are not found in humans. The genes and their products which can be used as a potential drug targets can be identified by analyzing these genes with the Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes (KEGG) pathway database.
About Author / Additional Info:
M E in Bioinformatics
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• Microbial Flora of ENT (Ear, nose and throat)
• Clinical Research and its Condition in India
• Carotenoids- Introduction, Origin and Properties
• Mechanisms of Nitrate Uptake in Plants
Latest Articles in "Bioinformatics" category:
• Career as Bioinformatician and Biostatistician
• Expander: A Tool of Bioinformatics
• Role of Bioinformatics in Drug Discovery
• Importance and Applications of Bioinformatics in Molecular Medicine
• Bioinformaticist vs. Bioinformatician - Definition, Differences and Career Outlook
• Bioinformatics Application in Nanotechnology
• How Bioinformatics Handles the Biological Data?
• Application of Bioinformatics in Medicine
• Prenatal Diagnosis via Bioinformatics Skills
• Applications of Bioinformatics in Agriculture
• Next Generation Sequencing Technologies: 454 Pyrosequencing
• GenScan: Bioinformatics Software For Structure Prediction and Analysis of Gene
• Pairwise Sequence Alignment For Sequence Similarity
• Applications of Bioinformatics in Biotechnology
• Introduction to Bioinformatics: Role of Mathematics and Technology
• Why and How of Normalization in Microarray Data Analysis
• Steps in Microarray Data Analysis - Part I
• Steps in Microarray Data Analysis - Part II
• Bilirubin Metabolism And its Role in Neonatal Jaundice
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 biotecharticles.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
ARTICLE CATEGORIES :
| Disclaimer/Privacy/TOS | Submission Guidelines | Contact Us