Publish Your Research Online
Get Recognition - International Audience
Request for an Author Account | Login | Submit Article
|HOME||FAQ||TOP AUTHORS||FORUMS||PUBLISH ARTICLE|
Hormone Treatment - A Popular Anti-Ageing TherapyBY: Debpratim Chakraborty | Category: Biology | Submitted: 2015-08-12 05:05:22
Article Summary: "Anti-ageing research refers to slowing, preventing, or reversing the aging process. Many researches have been carried out on hormone replacement to delay ageing process. Human growth hormone is the most effective with other hormones which also responsible for anti-ageing, like IGF-1, DHEA, and Testosterone..."
Hormone Treatment - A Popular Anti-Ageing Therapy
Size: 519 KB
The discovery of hormone replacement therapies for patients with diabetes, hypothyroidism or Addison's disease has been among the great successes of medicine in the early 20th century. Hence, it is understandable that hormone replacement has also been explored for persons with mild (sub clinical) deficiencies, or for the elderly with a physiological age-related decline in estrogen, testosterone, DHEA and GH. Since the use of hormone prescription for these non-classical indications has expanded over the past decade, US as well as Swiss agencies have issued statements regarding the potential adverse effects of such therapies, including their financial consequences, in the ageing population. The aim of this statement is to summarize the position of the Swiss Society for Endocrinology and Diabetology with regard to the most frequently considered anti-ageing therapies.
About Author / Additional Info:
I am currently pursuing M.Pharm in from Jadavpur University.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• Diabetes - Types, Pathophysiology and Treatment
• Journey to Bacillus Thuringiensis (BT) Crops
• Role of Biotechnology in Agriculture | Various Agricultural Technologies
• The Role of DNA Recombinant Technology in Apple
Latest Articles in "Biology" category:
• Wonderful World of Microorganisms and Their Role in Human Life.
• Molecular Biology Techniques
• Process of Reproduction in Bacteria
• Importance of Microorganisms in the Ecosystem
• Starting From the Basics: DNA Extraction
• Agrobacetium-Mediated Transformation Protocol
• Sucrose Regulating Photosynthesis
• Nitrogen Fixation: Genes Involved and the Infection Process
• Functional Genomics: A Tool in Genetic Engineering
• Plant Tissue Culture and Its Applications
• Harmful Effects of Mold and Their Prevention
• Gel Electrophoresis in Molecular Biology
• Extraction of Phytochemicals
• Applications of Thin Layer Chromatography
• Beneficial and Harmful Bacteria
• Calvin Cycle Regulation and Effect on Photosynthesis
• How a Baby Develops Inside Mother's Womb: From an Embryo to a Child
• Apoptosis (or cell suicide) : Process and Types
• Neurotransmitters and its types
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 biotecharticles.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
ARTICLE CATEGORIES :
| Disclaimer/Privacy/TOS | Submission Guidelines | Contact Us