Publish Your Research Online
Get Recognition - International Audience
Request for an Author Account | Login | Submit Article
|HOME||FAQ||TOP AUTHORS||FORUMS||PUBLISH ARTICLE|
Screening of Bacteria Producing Amylase and its Immobilization: A Selective Approach [PDF]BY: Debasish Mondal | Category: Biology | Submitted: 2016-05-03 11:31:36
Article Summary: "Bacillus sp produce amylase, so a selective approach was made to ease the screening of such stains from soil. Attempt was made to enhance the product by whole cell immobilization..."
Screening of bacteria producing amylase and its immobilization: a selective approach
Bacillus sp produce amylase, so a selective approach was made to ease the screening of such stains from soil. Attempt was made to enhance the product by whole cell immobilization.
Experiment-1: Preparation of standard curve of Maltose
Theory: Maltose is a disaccharide made up of two subunits of glucose monomers. Maltose is a reducing sugar.
Constructing a standard curve graph for maltose helps us to estimate concentration of reducing sugars present in an unknown sample and for determining the activity of amylase enzyme in forthcoming experiments. The standard curve for maltose is usually constructed using 3, 5-Dinitro salicylic acid (DNS) as the reagent.
Maltose reduces the pale yellow coloured alkaline 3, 5-Dinitro salicylic acid (DNS) to the orange- red coloured, 3 amino, 5 nitro Preparation of reagent:
About Author / Additional Info:
I am currently working as an Assistant Professor in Biology and as Head in the Department of Microbiology, St. Paul's, Cathedral Mission College, Kolkata
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• High Density Planting System in Fruit Crops
• SELEX- Revolutionizing In-vitro Selection of Aptamers
• Genetics of Male Pattern Baldness
• Assisted Reproduction- ICSI (Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
Latest Articles in "Biology" category:
• Wonderful World of Microorganisms and Their Role in Human Life.
• Molecular Biology Techniques
• Process of Reproduction in Bacteria
• Importance of Microorganisms in the Ecosystem
• Starting From the Basics: DNA Extraction
• Agrobacetium-Mediated Transformation Protocol
• Sucrose Regulating Photosynthesis
• Nitrogen Fixation: Genes Involved and the Infection Process
• Functional Genomics: A Tool in Genetic Engineering
• Plant Tissue Culture and Its Applications
• Harmful Effects of Mold and Their Prevention
• Gel Electrophoresis in Molecular Biology
• Extraction of Phytochemicals
• Applications of Thin Layer Chromatography
• Beneficial and Harmful Bacteria
• Calvin Cycle Regulation and Effect on Photosynthesis
• How a Baby Develops Inside Mother's Womb: From an Embryo to a Child
• Apoptosis (or cell suicide) : Process and Types
• Neurotransmitters and its types
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 biotecharticles.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
ARTICLE CATEGORIES :
| Disclaimer/Privacy/TOS | Submission Guidelines | Contact Us