Publish Your Research Online
Get Recognition - International Audience
Request for an Author Account | Login | Submit Article
|HOME||FAQ||TOP AUTHORS||FORUMS||PUBLISH ARTICLE|
Allele Mining: Strategies and ProspectusBY: Dr. Nalin K. Pagi | Category: Biotech-Research | Submitted: 2017-02-21 06:20:42
Article Summary: "Searching for different alleles. Allele - alternative forms of a genetic character found at a given locus on a chromosome. Mining - Searching. It is often referred to as 'dissection of naturally occurring variation at candidate genes/loci' or simply 'allele mining' Allele mining can be visualized as a vital link between effectiv.."
Allele Mining: Strategies and Prospectus
Author: Dr. Nalin K. Pagi
Allele Mining: Searching for different alleles. Allele - alternative forms of a genetic character found at a given locus on a chromosome. Mining - Searching. It is often referred to as ‘dissection of naturally occurring variation at candidate genes/loci’ or simply ‘allele mining’.
Why Allele mining?
(Ashkani et al., 2015)
Sequencing-based allele mining:
Application of allele mining:
Ashkani, S.; Yusop, M. R.; Shabanimofrad, M.; Azadi, A.; Ghasemzadeh, A.; Azizi, P. and Latif, M.A. (2015). Allele Mining Strategies: Principles and Utilisation for Blast Resistance Genes in Rice (Oryza sativa L.). Curr. Issues Mol. Biol., 17: 57-74.
Comai, L., Young, K., Till, B.J., Reynolds, S.H., Greene, E.A., Codomo, C.A., Enns, L.C., Johnson, J.E., Burtner, C. and Odden, A.R., 2004. Efficient discovery of DNA Curr. Issues Mol. Biol. 17:57-74. horizonpress.com/cimb 68 Allele Mining for Blast Resistance in Rice Ashkani et al. polymorphisms in natural populations by Ecotilling. The Plant Journal 37: 778-786.
Ram Kumar, G.; Sakthivel, K.; Sundaram, R.M.; Neeraja, C.N.; Balachandran, S.M.; Shobha Rani, N.; Viraktamath, B.C. and Madhav, M.S. (2010). Allele mining in crops: Prospects and potentials. Biotechnology Advances, 28: 451-461.
Till, B.J., Reynolds, S.H., Greene, E.A., Codomo, C.A., Enns, L.C., Johnson, J.E., Burtner, C., Odden, A.R., Young, K. and Taylor, N.E., 2003. Large-scale discovery of induced point mutations with high-throughput TILLING. Genome Research. 13: 524-530.
About Author / Additional Info:
I am currently working as a Senior Research Fellow at S.D. Agricultural University. I have done Ph.D. in Genetics and Plant Breeding and M.Sc. in Botany. I have also worked with S.D.Agricultural University as a Visiting Lecturer for 2 years.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• Journey to Bacillus Thuringiensis (BT) Crops
• C-Value, An Unsolved Paradox?
• Epidemics and Pandemics-Spread of Infectious Diseases
• Sucrose Regulating Photosynthesis
Latest Articles in "Biotech-Research" category:
• Human Longevity: A Revolution in Biotechnology and Nanotechnology.
• Nanoparticles as Delivery Device For Gene Therapy
• Biotechnology as a Tool in Medicine: Focus on Artemisinin
• Tissue Cells and Skin Cells Reprogrammed Into Embryonic Stem Cells:-
• Polymerase Chain Reaction (or PCR) - Technique For Amplifying DNA
• Treatment of Heart Disease With Stem Cells
• Biological Activities and Bioassays
• DNA Sequencing: Maxam Gilbert Method
• PCR Aspects and its Future | PCR versus Cloning
• Plasmid as Vectors For Plant Transformation
• Gene Isolation and Characterisation
• Apoptosis and Cancer: A Review
• Extraction of Nucleic Acids (DNA and RNA) From Plant Tissues
• Stem Cells From Bone Marrow and Vein Leftovers Can Heal Damaged Hearts
• Gene Transfer Techniques: Biolistics, Bacterial and Viral Transformation
• Breast Cancer: Cactus For Womens Life
• Mtt Assay: Assess The Viability Of Cell In Culture
• Medicinal Plants: Source Of Medicine
• Biotechnology Impact on Alzheimer's Disease
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 biotecharticles.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
ARTICLE CATEGORIES :
| Disclaimer/Privacy/TOS | Submission Guidelines | Contact Us