Publish Your Research Online
Get Recognition - International Audience
Request for an Author Account | Login | Submit Article
|HOME||FAQ||TOP AUTHORS||FORUMS||PUBLISH ARTICLE|
Biochemistry Career Opportunities - Jobs for a Biochemist GraduateBY: Amna Adnan | Category: Careers | Submitted: 2010-06-13 22:01:59
Article Summary: "Biochemistry deals with chemicals and their effect on animals and humans. It is a very vast field and has various job opportunities in many industries. Biochemists can work in the field of education, food and nutrition and drug and development..."
Biochemistry is the branch of biotechnology which deals with the study of chemicals used in biological processes. People who do their masters in this field have great opportunities of pursuing their career in this field. Most of the biochemistry work is performed in the laboratory because this field is usually used for the research purposes.
Biochemists have great opportunity to pursue their career in military because military medical service needs biochemists. If a biochemist joins military service then he must have at least master's degree so that he can provide medical and first aid facilities to the soldiers and their families. In military, blood banks, research and development centers need biochemists.
Biochemistry has major role in pharmaceuticals for the development of different drugs. Biochemists perform their duties in the research centers and help scientists in developing new vaccines, drugs and diagnosing different diseases. If a person wants to choose biochemistry as a career, he should be Undergrad and it will be of great benefit for the person if he has experience of six months working in the laboratory and research centers. But if the person is carrying post doctoral degree then he will be highly recommended for the research purposes.
Biochemists have good job opportunities in the education sector as teachers and professors and lab assistants at University and college level. To adopt the career as a teacher of biochemistry, the person must have qualification of graduation or under graduation and getting an educational certificate is must. The professors at University or college level need a PhD or doctoral degree for the job. They should have complete knowledge of biochemistry and should know the recent progresses made in the field of biochemistry. The laboratory assistants should have the diploma in biochemistry and have experience of six months working as an internee.
If the effects of toxins or chemicals are observed in humans, animals or environment, then toxicologists are needed. People need an undergrad degree or doctorate degree to pursue their career in toxicology. They can also work in forensic investigation, research and development and law enforcement.
Food and Nutrition:-
Biochemists in the field of food and nutrition check the quality of the food and nutrition present in it before manufacturing. They check if there are any harmful chemicals in the preserved food. They are also working in the field of agriculture and are developing new species of crops.
About Author / Additional Info:
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• Allele Mining Applications and Challenges in Crop Improvement
• Propagation of Fruit Trees
• WHO Guidelines For Herbal Drugs : Part 1
• The Therapeutics of Biopharmaceutical Substances
Latest Articles in "Careers" category:
• Computer Forensics as Career
• How to Get Job in Biotechnology Field: General View
• Career Option in Genetics
• Immunologist or Allergist as a Career Option
• Toxicologist as a Career Option
• Career as a Pharmacologist
• Job Opportunities in Environmental Sciences
• Everyday Hazards in Biotechnology Lab.
• Pharmacist - A Job Option | Career in Pharmacy
• Biotechnology- An Excellent Hub of Career Opportunity and Advancements
• Career as a Marine Microbiologist
• Biochemical Engineering - Career Prospects and Importance in Industries
• Biomedical Informatics - Career Opportunities For the New Generation
• Metabolomics and Their Applications
• Scuba Diving For Marine Microbiologists
• New Dimension of Scope and Career in Microbiology
• Why Should You Go For a PhD in Bioinformatics?
• Biology - A Promising Career of the Future
• Role of Patents in the Field of Biotechnology
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 biotecharticles.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
ARTICLE CATEGORIES :
| Disclaimer/Privacy/TOS | Submission Guidelines | Contact Us