Publish Your Research Online
Get Recognition - International Audience
Request for an Author Account | Login | Submit Article
|HOME||FAQ||TOP AUTHORS||FORUMS||PUBLISH ARTICLE|
Career Option in GeneticsBY: Nidhi Uppangala | Category: Careers | Submitted: 2010-06-03 20:17:16
Article Summary: "Genetics is the fastest-growing field in the world. According to the statistics each year jobs in genetics field grow by 14%. Genetics play important role in fields like forensics and biotechnology..."
Genetics is the fastest-growing field in the world. According to the statistics each year jobs in genetics field grow by 14%. Genetics play important role in fields like forensics and biotechnology.
Forensic scientist play very important role in identifying genetic information regarding the criminals or suspects. They can identify a criminal using a small amount of biological sample like blood, semen. Forensic scientist specializes in DNA fingerprinting.
Genetic counsellor works with the patient or relatives with the risk of hereditary disorders, counselling them on risks and effects of the genetic disorder. Genetic counsellor must be trained in both genetics as well as psychology.
Genetic counsellor informs the people about the pattern of genetic disorder transmission and also the probabilities of phenotypic expression of these disorders. They also help the couple with family planning so that they will help in diminishing the possibility of passing genetic disorder to their offspring.
Molecular Genetic Clinical Lab Scientist:
Molecular genetic clinical lab scientist mainly works on the research that uses the techniques such as gene therapy, DNA sequencing, gene mapping and basic forensic medicine. Molecular genetic scientists play a very important role in genetic industry as they handle very basic and crucial genetic research.
A biotechnician job mainly involves using techniques related to genetic engineering. Biotechnician should be well versed in the subjects such as biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, micro biology, and also basic information technology. Biotechnician mainly associated with improving medical techniques or improving plants, microorganisms in such a way that they are more beneficial to the mankind.
Biotechnician are required in most of the research projects conducted in the laboratory. Therefore biotechnician can be employed by research facilities, hospitals, environmental companies, manufacturing companies, agriculture as well as pharmaceutical sectors.
About Author / Additional Info:
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• Yeast Artifical Chromosomes (YACs) and their Applications
• The Impact of Biomass in Sustainable Development Today
• Laboratory Data For Blood Test
• Research and Development of Bacterial Genomic Size
Latest Articles in "Careers" category:
• Computer Forensics as Career
• How to Get Job in Biotechnology Field: General View
• Immunologist or Allergist as a Career Option
• Biochemistry Career Opportunities - Jobs for a Biochemist Graduate
• Toxicologist as a Career Option
• Career as a Pharmacologist
• Job Opportunities in Environmental Sciences
• Everyday Hazards in Biotechnology Lab.
• Pharmacist - A Job Option | Career in Pharmacy
• Biotechnology- An Excellent Hub of Career Opportunity and Advancements
• Career as a Marine Microbiologist
• Biochemical Engineering - Career Prospects and Importance in Industries
• Biomedical Informatics - Career Opportunities For the New Generation
• Metabolomics and Their Applications
• Scuba Diving For Marine Microbiologists
• New Dimension of Scope and Career in Microbiology
• Why Should You Go For a PhD in Bioinformatics?
• Biology - A Promising Career of the Future
• Role of Patents in the Field of Biotechnology
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 biotecharticles.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
ARTICLE CATEGORIES :
| Disclaimer/Privacy/TOS | Submission Guidelines | Contact Us