Publish Your Research Online
Get Recognition - International Audience
Request for an Author Account | Login | Submit Article
|HOME||FAQ||TOP AUTHORS||FORUMS||PUBLISH ARTICLE|
Career as a PharmacologistBY: Amna Adnan | Category: Careers | Submitted: 2010-06-24 21:26:32
Article Summary: "The job of a pharmacologist is to see the effects of drugs in animals and humans. They see whether the administered drug is causing benefit effects on the body or not. Degree of pharmacology is necessary to become a pharmacologist..."
Pharmacology is the science which studies the actions of therapeutics drugs in the human body. It also deals with the development of drugs and the way they are tested on animals. Drugs can be developed either through animal or plant sources or by combining certain chemicals together. Scientists also see the effects of drugs on the human body under this science.
Function of the pharmacologist is to see that how the drug effects the body. Sometimes, there is possibility that the drug may cause side effects. Then pharmacologist sees that which other should be given to remove the side effects of the required drug. Pharmacologist develops those drugs which are used to treat human and animal diseases. it is also necessary for the pharmacologist to arrange biological tests to see the effects of the desired drug in the humans and animals. These biological tests take place at the molecular, cellular or at tissue level. Some tests take place in the whole animal. When they get the confirmation that the drug is being accepted by the immune system and is not causing any side effects then it is manufactured and sent to the market.
To become a pharmacologist, it is necessary to have degree in pharmacology or in the related fields like biochemistry, pharmacy, physiology and biology. The knowledge of the field is necessary because then the person will easily be able to make drugs or assist any senior in the drug development process. They should also know that what factors cause the diseases and how the body responds to these diseases. Then they notice that if the disease is administered in the body, in what way it reacts in the body.
If a person is interested to get job in this field then they should have scientific background and should have the knowledge of their field. If a person has done internships in some laboratories then he will be highly recommended for the job. They should have complete knowledge of diseases and should have knowledge of developments which are being made in the medical and healthcare sectors. When a pharmacologist develops any drug, he should accurately measure all the chemicals and should keep the record of the drug efficiently. If the concentration of any chemical exceeds the limited mount, then there will be difficulty in development of drug.
UK offers handsome amount of pay to the pharmacologist. Starting pay of a pharmacologist in UK is 18000 pounds to 24000 pounds depending on the post of the person. People who are PhD are higher chances of getting job in the research field and they will get up to 30,000 pounds per year.
Usually a pharmacologist works for 37 hours per week from Monday to Friday. Sometimes during the research, additional hours are also required. The work of the pharmacologist is usually in the laboratory under sterilized conditions. They use animals for the experimental purposes. When any type of radiations is used for the development of any drug then precautionary measures should be taken.
About Author / Additional Info:
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• Treatment of Diabetes With Biotechnological Tools
• Current Ventures in Nanomedicine
• Transplantation: A Medical Breakthrough
• Fungi in Composting of Lignocellulosic Biomass
Latest Articles in "Careers" category:
• Computer Forensics as Career
• How to Get Job in Biotechnology Field: General View
• Career Option in Genetics
• Immunologist or Allergist as a Career Option
• Biochemistry Career Opportunities - Jobs for a Biochemist Graduate
• Toxicologist as a Career Option
• Job Opportunities in Environmental Sciences
• Everyday Hazards in Biotechnology Lab.
• Pharmacist - A Job Option | Career in Pharmacy
• Biotechnology- An Excellent Hub of Career Opportunity and Advancements
• Career as a Marine Microbiologist
• Biochemical Engineering - Career Prospects and Importance in Industries
• Biomedical Informatics - Career Opportunities For the New Generation
• Metabolomics and Their Applications
• Scuba Diving For Marine Microbiologists
• New Dimension of Scope and Career in Microbiology
• Why Should You Go For a PhD in Bioinformatics?
• Biology - A Promising Career of the Future
• Role of Patents in the Field of Biotechnology
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 biotecharticles.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
ARTICLE CATEGORIES :
| Disclaimer/Privacy/TOS | Submission Guidelines | Contact Us