Publish Your Research Online
Get Recognition - International Audience
Request for an Author Account | Login | Submit Article
|HOME||FAQ||TOP AUTHORS||FORUMS||PUBLISH ARTICLE|
PCR-based GM Diagnostics: Strategies for Detection of Genetically Modified EventsBY: Sushmita Singh | Category: DNA | Submitted: 2017-02-08 11:56:40
Article Summary: "Increasing commercialization of genetically modified events with superior traits worldwide require efficient GM diagnostics so as to ensure a systematic monitoring in accordance with regulatory framework..."
PCR-based GM Diagnostics: Strategies for Detection of Genetically Modified Events
Authors: Sushmita, Dr. Monika Singh (Co-author)
Genetically modified (GM) crops are being commercially cultivated worldwide, possessing major agriculturally important traits like abiotic and biotic stress resistance, better yield and enhanced nutritional profile etc. in order to ensure global food security. With increase in commercialization of such crops, presence of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in crops and products can be regulated in a systematic manner by employing GM diagnostics.
What are GMOs?
GMOs or genetically modified organisms are any biological entities whose genetic material has been altered for the trait of interest through the use of genetic engineering.
Constituents of a Gene construct:
GM Detection Strategies employed for Routine Testing:
Two methods are broadly employed for GM detection:
DNA-based methods are relatively more stable, robust and sensitive than protein-based assays and have the following variants:
PCR-based GM Detection Methods
PCR-based GM Detection methods involve amplification of specific region of the integrated transgenic construct and based on the specificity required, can be categorised as under:
About Author / Additional Info:
We both are working as Scientist at ICAR-National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources, New Delhi
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• Siro Clinpharm Pvt Ltd - History, Corporate Timeline and Services
• Orchids : The Defined Beauty of Nature on Earth
• The Regulation of Cell Cycle
• Ginseng - An Overview of its Health Profile
Latest Articles in "DNA" category:
• Identifying a Specific Clone in CDNA and Genomic Library
• Biotechnolgical Techniques For DNA Analysis
• DNA Extraction:Procedure and Importance in Forensics
• Chromosomal Aberrations and its Types
• Gene Knockout in Mice
• DNA Repair Types: Excision, Postreplication, Recombination and Lesion Removal
• Microarrays and Gene Expressions - Principle and Procedure
• Human Cytogenetics - Karyotype
• Experimental Issues in Microarrays
• Nuclear pre-mRna Splicing: The Story of Introns and Exons
• Chain Termination Method: A Generic Method For DNA Sequencing
• Transposable Elements - The Story of Jumping Genes
• RNA Interference - The Art of Gene Silencing
• Protein Biosynthesis: Decoding the Code (Part-1)
• Protein Biosynthesis: Decoding the Code (Part - 2)
• Mutagenesis - Types and Uses
• C-Value, An Unsolved Paradox?
• Mechanism of Epigenetics
• Techniques of Epigenetic Studies
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 biotecharticles.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
ARTICLE CATEGORIES :
| Disclaimer/Privacy/TOS | Submission Guidelines | Contact Us