Publish Your Research Online
Get Recognition - International Audience
Request for an Author Account | Login | Submit Article
|HOME||FAQ||TOP AUTHORS||FORUMS||PUBLISH ARTICLE|
CRISPR: A New Era Genome Editing Tool [PDF]BY: Anirudha Kumar Sahu | Category: Genetics | Submitted: 2017-03-29 09:21:11
Article Summary: "CRISPR is the latest genome editing tool developed by clubbing the strategies from the age old known bacterial immune system and the homology directed DNA repair mechanism which lets us introduce desirable mutations precisely at known sites of the host genome and is better than the other players of genome editing niche namely Zn.."
CRISPR: A New Era Genome Editing Tool
Authors: Anirudha Kumar Sahu1 and Prasenjit Debnath2
1,2 M.Sc.(Agri.) in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
, Dept. of Biotechnology, UAS, Dharwad, Karnataka, PIN-580005
Correspondence mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is CRISPR?
CRISPR is a defense mechanism found naturally in the bacteria to guard it against the attack of bacteriophages or other viral particles. It was first discovered by Francisco Mojico in 1993 in Streptococcus pyrogenes which causes strep throat. It is the latest genome editing tool developed by clubbing the strategies from the age old known bacterial immune system and the homology directed DNA repair mechanism which lets us introduce desirable mutations precisely at known sites of the host genome and is better than the other players of genome editing niche namely ZnF and TALEN.
About Author / Additional Info:
Student: M.Sc.(Agri) in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, IABT, UAS, Dharwad
Research Area: Plant Transformation and screening
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• Genetics of Heart Rate Variability
• Siro Clinpharm Pvt Ltd - History, Corporate Timeline and Services
• Allele Mining in Crop Improvement: Prospects and Potentials
• Latest Brief Overview on Penicillin Acylase Production
Latest Articles in "Genetics" category:
• The Science and History of Genetics. How It Predicts the Genetic Code
• Telomeres: Is It Responsible For Ageing and Cancer?
• Human Genetic Engineering,its Methods and Ethics
• Gene Mutation And Cancer
• DNA Technology Used in Forensics
• DNA Fingerprinting: Uses and Methods Involved
• Treatment of Genetic Diseases by Gene Therapy
• Human Intelligence and Genetics
• Ethical Issues Related to Human and Animal Cloning
• Mitochondrial DNA and Forensic
• DNA Footprinting and Gene Sequencing
• Biotechnology and Types of Cloning
• Designer Babies:Method and Ethical Issues
• Prenatal Diagnosis: Non-invasive and Invasive Techniques
• What are the Benefits of Genetic Engineering?
• The Advantages and Disadvantages of Genetic Engineering in Humans
• Types of Genetic Disorders
• Bovine Somatotropin: A Growth Hormone
• Advantages and Disadvantages of Genetically Modified Food
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 biotecharticles.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
ARTICLE CATEGORIES :
| Disclaimer/Privacy/TOS | Submission Guidelines | Contact Us