Publish Your Research Online
Get Recognition - International Audience
Request for an Author Account | Login | Submit Article
|HOME||FAQ||TOP AUTHORS||FORUMS||PUBLISH ARTICLE|
Latest Biotechnology Industry News and Pharmacy NewsBY: bluemoon silverstars | Category: Industry-News | Submitted: 2010-05-21 02:12:19
Article Summary: "Biotechnology is a very vast field and every day new things are happening in its industry. New drugs are being developed and also the vaccines..."
Industry of biotechnology is flourishing day by day. Every day scientists come up with different kind of drugs, vaccines and diagnostics and even with new kind of techniques which are helpful in improving the health of many people. In this fast moving world, biotechnology is also accepting the challenges and making progress even faster. Here are some news about the industry of biotechnology.
There are certain drugs manufactured by India and Brazil, which has been banned by Europe. Certain types of drugs have faced ban by World Health Organization to Europe. They explained it as it was a misuse of rules against fake medicines. This ban has illuminated a trade dispute at the World Trade organization. Experts have warned World health Organization that the sale of counterfeit drugs is rising worldwide. People are buying such drugs on the internet. Such kinds of drugs are transported through cargos from one country to the other. People who do this business are earning billion of rupees. Developed countries do this business by selling expensive hormones, anti-cancer medicines and pharmaceuticals. But in developing countries, fake medicines are sold to cure life threatening diseases such as malaria or TB. A joint resolution is proposed at the WHA by India to set a separate program for such medicines. There should be complete checking of quality, safety and efficiency of medicines before they are transported to other countries.
Biotech IT News:-
Last days, scientists faced the problem of scattered data of compounds throughout Pfizer. It was a great challenge for the scientists to accumulate all the information altogether and collect it at one place. Another challenge which they faced was to find additional applications for the compounds. A special unit built an information tool so that researchers could also use the Pfizer's data assets. Clinical data sources are now easy to approach which were very difficult to access in the past.
Biotech research News:-
Rat is one of few animals which are used for experiments of different drugs in the laboratory. But laboratory rats are not fulfilling the desired task because they have the access to eat food as much as they want and they do not walk which makes them overweight. That is why they are unfit for the desired purposes of scientists. Such animals develop resistance against diseases like high blood pressure and impaired brain function and diabetes and etc. Because of their eating habits, cholesterol level increases in their blood which causes cancer, heart disease and kidney disease. For example, angogenic is a condition in which new blood vessels are formed to feed tumors which. The drugs which are experimented on fat mice may have little or very different effect on thin ones.
Duke universiry has experimented a new brain cancer vaccine on some patients. In making of this vaccine, white blood cells are extracted from the patient and they are mixed with the DNA. This DNA contains the genetic mutations which triggered the glioblastoma.
About Author / Additional Info:
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• Conservation Biology- to Preserve the Diversity of Animals and Plants
• GRAS and DELLA Protein
• Colorful Bacteria
• Polyamines Metabolism in Response to Abiotic stress
Latest Articles in "Industry-News" category:
• The New and Easy Way to Obtain P450-metabolites and N-glucuronides For Metabolit
• Use of Jelly Fish in Preventing Bioterrorism
• Personalised Cancer Vaccine in a Week
• First Synthetic Organism
• Human Sperm Created Using Embryonic Stem Cell
• Gut Microbiota May Play a Role in Host Adiposity
• Latest in Pharmaceuticals : Sleep Drug: MK-4305 and Plastic Antibodies
• Biotech News From the World of Medicine
• Contribution of Biotechnology to the Latest Trends in Cardiac Care
• Biotechnology in the Manufacture of Textiles
• Biotechnology Companies in South Africa: Human Health
• Joule Unlimited - Pioneering Alternate Fuel and its Advantages
• Starch as Vitamin Carrier - A New Technology
• Phase IV Studies - A Market With a Proactive Approach for Growth of a Pharmaceutical Firm
• ISO-9000 Requirments, Effectiveness and Advantages
• Inoculum Preparation in Seed Lab of Fermentation Industries
• Enjoy the Benefits of Drinking a Cup of Coffee
• Understanding the Team Insurance Policy (Group Insurance)
• R&D: The Poignant Loneliness--Brief Case Studies of 8 New Listed Drugs
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 biotecharticles.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
ARTICLE CATEGORIES :
| Disclaimer/Privacy/TOS | Submission Guidelines | Contact Us