Publish Your Research Online
Get Recognition - International Audience
Request for an Author Account | Login | Submit Article
|HOME||FAQ||TOP AUTHORS||FORUMS||PUBLISH ARTICLE|
Nanosensors For Security BenefitsBY: Muniba Safdar | Category: Nanotechnology | Submitted: 2010-07-08 06:14:30
Article Summary: "Most important application of nanotechnology is nanosensors which are used for the security in hospitals, airports and public areas. Nanosensors are very helpful for detecting dangerous substances, tiny amounts of explosives or chemicals, which could safe many lives in the future..."
Nanotechnology is become more popular in the world today. It has vast applications that have been applying today. Most important application of nanotechnology is nanosensors which are used for the security in hospitals, airports and public areas. Everyone wants to be secure and therefore desire safety for his life. Nanosensors are very helpful for detecting dangerous substances, tiny amounts of explosives or chemicals, which could safe many lives in the future.
Researchers have found that some animals contain a substance in their shells that is used for the detection purpose which will be very helpful for the danger detection. It is said that animal's shells contain biological compounds that can easily interact with the wide variety of substances and work well in an intricate, sensitive device. Sensors that is very supportive for the detection. For example, chitosan a substance that is found in crab shell and it contains very useful properties. It has been used for the detection in many areas. It is also used as bandages to stop bleeding.
How animal shell is used for the detection of dangerous substances?
The nanosensor technology described here for the detection of dangerous substances, there are multiple vibrating cantilevers which are similar to diving boards, and these cantilevers are coated with the substance from animal shell. The changing of cantilevers will help find different substances having different concentration. When any particle enters the device from air, the substance on a specific cantilever will interact and makes the cantilever vibrating. This vibration change will be indicated in optical sensing system which indicates that the substance has been detected.
It is also noted that some nanosensors are useful for the diagnosis of various diseases in our body. This nanosensor includes micro cantilever array (used to investigate drug resistance) which measure virus and other protein markers. For this purpose one can in living at home assess the level of virus. It will keep the regular checkup of the patient and could reduce the number of checkups to the doctor. It would be really beneficial for the patient from this device.
What will happen in near future?
In the future, it is of more interest that no one will be worried about for the security. These nanosensors would be helpful to improve security in many areas of world by detecting tiny amounts of substances. This emerging application of nanotechnology is encouraging in many researches. It has been found that the use of nanosensors will be accommodating in finding deadly material by integrated into specific powerful devices in particular locations. Nanosensor technology work best without consuming any time. Nanosensors would give power to users to scrutinize the environment around them in completely new ways, from analyzing air pollution, to gaining insight into bio-chemical traces and processes. Nanosensors would be adequate to open up new marts. In near future, nanosensors flawlessly communicate with the people and changing environment in an efficient way.
About Author / Additional Info:
Comments on this article: (1 comments so far)
• Publish Your Biotechnology Press Releases on BiotechArticles.com
• Genetics of Male Pattern Baldness
• Indices of Species Diversity - Part I
• Recycling Urban Organic Waste Into Fertilizer: Value of Farmer Friend
Latest Articles in "Nanotechnology" category:
• Nanoparticles For Human Health
• Application of Nanotechnology in Medicine
• Silver Nanoparticles Elevates Wound Healing
• Nanoparticles in Medical Science: Properties and Various Applications
• Nanotechnology Applications in Medicine, Food Industry and Agriculture
• COMPUTATIONAL NANOTECHNOLOGY: Its Goal, Approach, Role and Scope
• Fullerene: Its Definition, Types and Scope
• Nanophotonics: A Branch of Optical Engineering
• Nano-biotechnology: A Branch of Nanotechnology
• Nanotechnology as Applied to Biosciences
• Respirocytes - A Prognosis From Nanomedicine
• Biosynthesis of Silver and Gold Nanoparticles
• DNA Nanotechnology: History and Applications
• Nanotoxicology: Study of Toxicity of Nanomaterials
• Nano-Circuits: Composition and its Numerous Approaches
• Nanomedicine: Its Introduction and Applications
• Green Nanotechnology: Its Definition, Introduction and Goals
• Nanostructure: Its Introduction and Various Forms
• Nanorobotics: An Emerging Field of Nanotechnology
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 biotecharticles.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
ARTICLE CATEGORIES :
| Disclaimer/Privacy/TOS | Submission Guidelines | Contact Us