Authors: Sunil kumar1*, Rameti Jangir2
1PhD scholar ICAR-NDRI Karnal
2PhD Scholar NAU Navsari Gujrat
India has the largest producer of milk in the world and mostly 80% milk produced by unorganized sector. In India 70% population belong to rural area and still they are following old veterinary parties in rural area. Still the depend upon traditional knowledge of animals treatment. India possess about 8% of the global plant genetic resources. 45% population of India belongs to 530 communities of 227 ethnic groups of different tribal communities. As the modern healthcare practices are still lacking in the remote areas of the state so these tribal people have to depend on surrounding medicinal plants. They also have a good knowledge about the uses of various plants and their products. Indigenous healthcare practices are widely used by the people of not only Rajasthan or India but also worldwide.
PLANT WHICH USE IN ANIMALS TREATMENT
1. BABOOL- (acacia hillotica)
Use part- thorns
- It give to animals for easy removal of placenta after delivery.
2. CHHOTI BHUI- (aerva lanta ) Use part-root
- 10gm crushed and give to the animals as an antidote in snake bite.
3. SAFED BHUI- (aerva persica) Flower, root, whole plant.
- Deceptions of flower is given to the animals in digestive disorder and permot the discharge of urine in dysuria.
- Root use in FMD.
- Extract of whole plant given 250ml to animals when start eating soil.
Use part – leaf and seed
- Leaves of neem gives to animals for treat leucorrhoea
Part- whole plant
- Extract of plant is given to animals to treat constipations decoctions of whole plant given to treat urine problem.
- Mixture of 50ml hydrochloric acid,50ml latex of akra and 50ml latex of mangifera indica used as an antidote to scorpion bite
- Juices of 10 fruit is given with 750gm sugar to induce lactations in animals and it also useful in mastitis treatment.
Part – plant
- 1kg plant+1kg datura+1kg water and boiled with mustered oil. Massage of this oil give relief from lumbago and other pain.
- 5kg leaf extract of plant give orally to the buffalo to cure dysuria and hematuria.
Part – plant and seed
- Whole plant feeding to animals for its cooling effect in summers and seed used in urine problem.
Part – seed
- Seed grained and feed to buffalo to prevent vulvo vaginal uterine prolapse.
- Mixture of 50gm lac of this plant + 100gm seed of foeniculum vulgar +10gm seed of ocimum Americana is given with fodder to treat leucorrhoea and heat stroke
- Bark oil is applied locally to cure rashes on skin.
Part - plant
- Past 25gm whole plant is given with water through drenching once only to treat diarrhea.
Part – root and fruit
- A mixture of 20gm honey + 20 juice of root of thumba + 20gm mustered oil is applied internally for easy opening of uterus during delivering.
These plant are commonly found in all rural area of Rajasthan. All plant have some medicines utility. People of village still believe in the treatment of various ailments by the traditions way using medicinal plant rather than modern medical treatment. Some remote area due to non-availability of veterinary services people are still use ethno-veterinary parties for treatment of animals. All these plant use for control diseases in animals. It is complex, required skill but cheaper method then modern method of diseases control in animals.
About Author / Additional Info:
I am PhD scholar at ICAR-NDRI Karnal