Authors: Chongtham Allaylay Devi and Brij Bihari Pandey,
Corresponding author email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Understanding biology and genetics at molecular level has become important for better understanding and manipulation of genome architecture.
• Identification of markers associated with desirable breeding traits are useful for marker assisted breeding and genomics and development of transgenics.
• It reduced breeding time and cycles required for crop improvement.
• Understanding the inheritance of molecular level of agriculture traits creates a new opportunity for plant breeding.
• Markers are the DNA sequence used for chromosome mapping for its specific site present in chromosome
• These are easily identifying characters of an individual.
• These are character whose pattern of inheritance can be followed at morphological, biochemical and molecular levels.
Size: 263 KB
About Author / Additional Info: